Thursday 22 September 2016

The Success Mantra

It is not very often that we get into serious conversations. But it was that day when one of my friends forwarded an article which to me came out as an important reading to indicate the significance of work life balance.

Being grown up in a conventional Indian family, I always focused on academics. Drilled deep down in my brains the mantra for success read "Success in academics and career is the ultimate success"

Following this mantra, I pursued my career and work was my priority always. I have limited friends right from childhood; firstly because I am reserved and shy and secondly because my parents believed that socializing amounts to waste of valuable time which can be otherwise used for studying or working and building a career, thus moving closer to success!

However, as time passed by and when the life changing event of marriage happened, I realised the meaning of life slowly and it was time to pull out my deep drilled mantra and rewrite it. 

Though the mantra would define success to the world, does my conscience make me feel successful? That is an important question we all should ask ourselves.

There is no ruler to measure success. Success is a certificate you need to give yourself. Success is when you find you are happy. Success is completely subjective. What makes you feel as success might not be seen as success to the world. Success is when it is felt from within. Success is when you have achieved your priorities the way you wanted and not the way the society wants you to. Success is the ultimate achievement of happiness for yourself first and then for your loved ones.

Success is not when you are rich but have lost your family; success is not when you have a showcase full of achievements and awards but no peace of mind. Success is not where you are the CEO/ CFO of a business but where you have passed the age of travelling leaps and bounds.

Success is where you have a huge balance of happiness in your mind's bank - which can be shared with people. The ability to train your mind to be happy always is the real achievement - you raise above everything that bothers you and are ever-ready to fight and conquer any challenges that life shoots at you.

Seek for the peace that your mind longs for, success in every aspect shall be yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment